The West African Postgraduate Medical College in collaboration with the National Eye Centre, Kaduna wishes to announce the commencement of the year 2018 Community Eye Health Course.
The course is holding from 19th April to 11th May 2018 at the NATIONAL EYE CENTRE, KADUNA. The course is specially programmed to cover Community Eye Health mandatory for residents undergoing fellowship programme in Ophthalmology and beneficial to Eye Care Programme Managers. The lecture faculty is drawn from seasoned resource persons in ophthalmology and other related health fields to give participants maximum resource available.
This notice is to invite you to sponsor your residents and other eye care programme workers to this course. The course fee is N40,000.00 (forty thousand naira only) per participant EXCLUDING feeding and accommodation and made payable to the NATIONAL EYE CENTRE, KADUNA in bank draft or in cash on-sight during registration. We have limited accommodation spaces in our hostels and also a functional canteen at affordable rates for interested course participants. The current charge in our hostel/guest house is N600.00/N800.00 respectively per bed space for a night.
The participants are advised to bring along with them the following:
- Lap top computer or diskettes/CD
- Any other data they intend to analyse including population data of districts/state country
- Health care information and data on areas/regions they work
- Data on health/eye care manpower in their locations: (Ophthalmologists, Fellows, and Residents in training). Ophthalmic Nurses, ADCON, Primary Eye Care Workers, Community Health Extension Workers, Community Eye Health Nurses, Integrated Eye Care Workers (General Practitioners, General Nurses), Optometrists, Nurse Refractionist.
- Data on available health/eye facilities in their locations
- Any data/information on prevalence of blindness in their locations
- Participants will be required to undertake field work/studies and are therefore advised to prepare adequately for this exercise. After the field trip on Friday, 13 April 2018 no participant will be admitted.
Letter of interest should reach the undersigned on or before 5 March, 2018. For further information, please contact the undersigned, email: email@example.com or phone nos. 08054375440 or 08065291515.
Come along with two passport photograph.
Please note that the practical field exercise which is compulsory shall take place on Friday, 13 April 2018.
Interested candidates for the CEH course 2018 should please download the application form, fill appropriately and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below the timetable for download